Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 10 Healthy Lifestyle And Longevity
Tài liệu Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh lớp 11 chương trình mới Unit 10 Healthy Lifestyle And Longevity do BaiGiang365.vn.com đăng tải, tổng hợp cấu trúc Tiếng Anh trọng tâm trong Unit 10 giúp học sinh lớp 11 ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit hiệu quả.
1. Conditionals in reported speech
When we use reporting verbs in the present, verb tenses in conditional sentences remain unchanged in reported speech, but when the reporting verbs are written in the past:
– Conditional type 1: we apply all the necessary changes as usual: changes of verb tenses, pronouns, adverbs of time and place,
– Conditional type 0, 2 and 3 : we don’t change the verb tenses, but we follow the rules to change pronouns, adverbs of time and place.
2. Reported speech with to-infinitive and gerund
a. We use gerund in reported speech as follows.
1. S + V + gerund.
– Verbs: admit, deny, recommend, regret, allow, advise, suggest, ….
– Eg: Direct: She said to me, “I broke the vase of flowers”.
–> Indirect: She admitted breaking the vase of flowers.
2. S + V + preposition + gerund.
– Verbs: apologize (to sb) for…, dream of…, insist on…., object to….
Eg: Direct: She said to me, “I’m sorry. I broke the vase of flowers.”
–> Indirect: She apologized (to me) for breaking the vase of flowers.
3. S + V + O + preposition + gerund.
– Verbs: accuse…..…of, blame…..…for, congratulate….…..on, prevent…….from, thank…….for, warn ..…against, ect
– Eg: Direct: Mary told Peter, “It was your fault. You didn’t tell me the truth”.
–> Indirect: Mary blamed Peter for not telling her the truth.
b. We use to- infinitive in reported speech as follows.
1. S + V + to-infinitive.
– Verbs: promise, hope, claim, agree, demand, offer, prefer, refuse, threaten,ect.
– Eg: Customer: I don’t think I’ll buy this notebook after all.
The customer decided not to buy the notebook.
2. S + V + O + to-infinitive.
– Verbs: tell sb…, order sb…, invite sb…, ask sb, remind sb, advise sb, allow sb, ect
– Eg: Direct: Mary told Peter, “You should go to the doctor soon”.
–> Indirect: Mary advised Peter to go to the doctor soon.
3. Bài tập vận dụng
Change the following sentences to Indirect speech.
1. Mark said, “I went camping 5 days ago.”
2. “If Brain doesn’t train harder, I won’t select him for the team” said the manager.
3. “Our correspondent in Paris sent this report some days ago” said the editor in-chief.
4. “How long have you been waiting here?” the girl asked me.
5. “Do not write on the wall” said the teacher to the boys.
1. Mark said he had gone camping 5 days before.
2. The manager said if Brain didn’t train harder, he wouldn’t select him for the team.
3. The editor in-chief said that their correspondent in Paris had sent that report some days before.
4. The girl asked me how long I had been waiting there.
5. The teacher to the boys not to write on the wall.
Choose the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
1. “Would you like to go to the cinema with me tonight?” he said to me.
A. He invited me to go to the cinema with him that night.
B. He offered me to go to the cinema with him tonight.
C. He asked me if I’d like to go to the cinema with him tonight.
D. He would like me to go to the cinema with him this night.
2. “If I were you, rd marry him.” she said to me.
A. She said to me that if I were you, I’d marry him.
B. She will marry him if she is me.
C. She suggested to marry him if she were me.
D. She advised me to marry him.
3. “I’m sorry for being late again.” said Lisa.
A. I felt sorry for Lisa’s being late again.
B. Lisa was sorry for my being late again.
C. Lisa excused for my being late again.
D. Lisa apologized for being late again.
4. The captain to his men:”Leave there immediately!”
A. The captain suggested his men leave there immediately.
B. The captain ordered his men to leave there immediately.
C. The captain invited his men to leave there immediately.
D. The captain requested his men to leave there immediately.
5. “Go on, Mary! Apply for the job”, the mother said.
A. The mother wanted Mary not to apply for the job.
B. The mother invited Mary to apply for the job.
C. The mother denied applying for the job.
D. The mother encouraged Mary to apply for the job.
Trên đây là toàn bộ nội dung của Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 10 Healthy Lifestyle And Longevity. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 11, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11,.. được cập nhật liên tục trên BaiGiang365.vn.com.
Ngoài ra, BaiGiang365.vn.com đã thành lập group chia sẻ tài liệu học tập THPT miễn phí trên Facebook: Tài liệu học tập lớp 11. Mời các bạn học sinh tham gia nhóm, để có thể nhận được những tài liệu mới nhất.
Đăng bởi: BaiGiang365.vn
Chuyên mục: Giáo Dục Lớp 11